Thursday, May 6, 2010

little boys; or, the trouble with cute

My nephew is four years old. He is incredibly smart, charming, handsome, and smart. As all nephews should be.

He is also obsessed with all things male and, well, a little digusted by girl things. This nascent anti girl sentiment is fostered by having an older sister and by his father's very mild case of mysogny (inherited from his father, yes that would also be MY father).  Anyway, this four year old angel is going through a good old fashioned I hate girls phase.

The other day, I asked him what he would do if a second head grew out of his neck. He looked at me and said, "That would be cool." Then I followed that up by saying, "But, what if it was a girl's head?" Without a single pause he said, "I would cut that right off."

Aww boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment