Tuesday, September 1, 2009

NaBloPoMo; or, learning to commit

Here it is. The first of my committed blogs to NaBloPoMo. NaBloPoMo is National Blog Posting Month. Thanks to my friend Vickie for talking about them in her blog. The theme this month is Beautiful. I am not completely sure how that constitutes a theme, but hey, I am the new guy, so what do I know? I do know that I have not been writing. Not at all. No emails. No letters. Papers. Blogs. Nothing. I can't really put my finger on why I haven't.  It could because the -m- on my laptop is broken and has to be pressed with special care. Or, because I got two new cats and they are drawn to my laptop (and my lap) like moths to flame. Or, it could be because I don't know who I am writing to anymore. I used to have an audience. I knew who I was writing to/for. Not anymore. The ways and means to the loss of said audience is a story for another day. Today this is just about my announcement that I will post everyday in September. So, new audience, whoever you are (or may someday be), Hi. And I' ll see you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Yea! I look forward to it. I'm feeling a bit of the same, as far as the writing goes, although I have continued to write letters, blogs, journal entries. So, then, maybe not the same. I think my problem is not with audience, but with purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are days when I think about how entirely simple it would be to never leave my home again. I could have groceries delivered. I could make Cardo pick up the mail. Etc.

    I didn't notice the Hubby Hubby thing. That's interesting.

    We should definitely coordinate reading the Harry Potters! I probably won't read them again until next year though, because I just started/finished them in June.

    Rasmussen is still on me about the drinking thing. He's suggested several times that I take it up to help with my sleeping problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so let me admit that I didn't get the Hubby Hubby thing until just this moment (when I read about it elsewhere). I'm a dork...don't ask what I was thinking. I'm interested in seeing if places continue to carry it. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...start to carry it, outside of Vermont. Okay, I'm finished with the Hubby Hubby comments (maybe).

    ReplyDelete